Friday, January 22, 2010

Week two results...eh.

We had a great day yesterday! Don took me to see Avatar in 3D, it was a FABULOUS movie. I loved it. James Cameron is gifted, no question about it - gifted, and very very wealthy LOL On the way to the movie, we stopped at the Weight Watchers facility in Everett, they're open Thursdays from 7:30-11am for drop-in weigh-ins. Because my meeting is normally Thurs at 12:30, and the movie started at 12, I knew I'd miss it. The good news is, I'm down another .8 pounds! The bad news is, I'm only down another .8 pounds!! Ha. I should have expected it though, I only made it to the gym one day last week, and I definitely didn't stay within my points allowance every day. I'm actually a little surprised I lost at all. My personal goal is 10 pounds a month - I definitely need to step it up a notch if I'm going to achieve that.

Wednesday I went to the gym and walked a 5K (3.1 miles). When I checked my steps at the end of the day, I'd taken well over 11,000. ELEVEN THOUSAND!! I was pretty psyched about that. I've shaved a minute and 2 seconds off my 5K since I started this. It's still a ridiculously slow time, but it's a minute and 2 seconds faster than it was the first week of January :) When I get it under 45 minutes, then I'll start bragging. I need to get myself conditioned though, and you know what they say....slow and steady win the race. I'm not going to go all out and be burned out in 3 months time. This is something I need to stick with for the long haul. And I do mean the loooooong haul. I'm not doing this again. When this weight is gone, it's gone for good. Not losing 100 pounds 3 times in one lifetime. Once was truly enough, twice is just self destruction overcome, there will be no need for a third time.

We've begun going to church on Saturday night vice Sunday morning. Our church offers a Saturday service at 6pm, and 2 Sunday services. I love the Saturday service. Pastor Jim has been preaching for the last 2 weeks (and the next 3) about marriage, and "protecting your promise". It's an AWESOME series. Last week he spoke about the promise to persevere. Better or worse. And love - love isn't a feeling. Love is action. Love is sacrifice. If any of my readers are bored and want to give a listen to Pastor Jim (he's truly awesome!), check out www.smokeypointcommunitychurch.org/content/view/48/121/ and listen to last weeks' service. I love my church - LOVE my church. It's good to be home.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to do it lady! You are too stubborn not to ;) (Runs in the family, right?) I am proud of you, everything that you do, and everything that you are! xoxo

    ReplyDelete