Sunday, January 24, 2010

Heyyy it's working!!

Waaaay back in the beginning of this blog (a whopping 3 weeks or so ago) I mentioned that I have lost myself, and I lost track of interests, hobbies, etc. Well, we had Paige and Don's birthday celebration today - even though their birthdays were a week ago - we celebrated today. It was alot of fun, Don's folks came, and Hollie was here with Payton. We also got to see Don's cousin Laura and her husband Carl, and their son Zachary. We haven't see Carl and Laura since their wedding - YEARS ago. So it was really great! AND, I found a NEW INTEREST!!


Check it out!






Don't you just freakin' LOVE it?? I love it. It was SOOOOO much fun! My first ever REAL cake decorating experience. Makes me want to take a class. Or 12. Now, isn't it just so ME, to find SUCH a counterproductive hobby? Nothing like trying to drop a hundred pounds, while falling in love with cake decorating. But really - I've been thinking about this! It would be so much fun to decorate cakes for a living. I would absolutely consider taking whatever classes I'd have to take to get certified, and even go to work for a grocery store decorating cakes. Soooo much fun - and it tasted great too!



Paige and Don thought it was pretty cool :) -so did the rest of the family. We joked that next year Don will get to pick the cake, he said black would be good (he's going to be 40). I was thinking about how much it's going to stink that he'll miss the birthday season next year - so I've been thinking about how festive our Spring will be. We'll do Christmas in April, and maybe we'll do birthdays in May...lots of chances for me to decorate cakes!

It feels really good to find something again that is just me. My own interest. My own hobby. My own really fun thing that not everyone can do/wants to do. I've been doing alot of praying - and I know many of my friends and relatives have too - that I can find my way back to that place I was at 3 years ago. This is most definately a step in the right direction.

Now then - off to find a Wilton's cake decorating class LOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment