Friday, January 15, 2010

And week one is over!

What a week.

I made it to the gym a few times, which was great, but Wednesday was a horribly stressful day, and I was so sure I was going to walk into my meeting on Thursday and find that I'd gained five pounds. I was quite pleased to learn that I had actually LOST 3.4lbs! In one week, stress triggers and all, I am down almost three and a half pounds. I really am quite pleased about that. Can't help but wonder how it'd have gone if I'd actually stayed on plan all week and made it to the gym all 5 days I had planned to! Like I said before though, it's been difficult to just jump back in and be right on track. I know I'll get there eventually, but I'm just not quite there yet. I found my WW book from 2006, and it was really interesting for me to see that I dropped 40 pounds in 4 months. I know I was working out extensively at that point, but all it does is give me more motivation to workout and do it right. If I see that I've succeeded before, right there in black and white, then I know I can do it again. I wish I didn't HAVE to do it again, but you know what they say about wishes.

Don will be home in a few days, and it'll be sooooo nice to have him back! Of course it never fails that, as soon as the ship gets underway everything goes to hell in a handbasket. Wednesday, my stressful day, was the day that the ship left Bremerton. Wednesday was the day my car decided to spaz out on me, resulting in the need for a new driveline - to the tune of a grand. And to think we owe less than $2,500 on it! I couldn't call Don of course to ask for his input, so I just made the decision to do it and sent him an email. He replied with support and made sure to tell me how comforting it was to him to know that when he was gone, even when the shit hit the fan, I could handle it without missing a step. He also said "Why couldn't it have happened after we paid it off?". Part of me is thankful it didn't - because I do love my Sorento, and I DON'T want to get rid of it. I think the temptation though of just trading it in might have won out, and I am grateful that I wasn't given the opportunity for that ha! I drove a Toyota Camry for a day, and it was fun to drive - but I like my Sorento, thankyouverymuch. I should have it back next week some time.

And on that note, I should be wrapping this up. There's still a few loads of laundry I need to take care of, and a litterbox to clean. Duty calls, as they say.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment