Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Project 365 - Day 1 - My Sky, and My Faith

I've decided that, while every day may not be good, there is some good in every day.   My life, with its ups and downs and surprises and hugs and kisses and loves...even the days when nothing special seems to be going on, life should be documented.  The little things might not be so little in hindsight.  So...every day I have a sort of theme, a sort of idea for a photo of the day.  

 Today, April 16th, my inspirational idea is "My Sky".  Earlier this evening, I took the camera with me to the kids' ball practice.  I got an awesome snapshot of my sky, and also some great photos of the kiddos.  Funny how that worked.  This project is already working out well for me.  Anyhow - I love this photo because it just goes to show that there is always light behind the clouds, light to pierce even the darkest sky - and the way the rays are shining through the clouds here...well it reminds me of those dark days - when I struggle just to keep going.  Those days when I question myself as a mother, when things go wrong as they often will.  Days like these are relatively few and far between, but we allll have our days and our frustrations.  BUT - for me, just when it seems the sky is chock full of storm clouds and ready to open into a torrential downpour...God inevitably shines his light through the darkness every. single. time.  And when He does - it's usually more beautiful than I ever dared imagine.

I think I'm going to enjoy this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment