Friday, December 13, 2013

30 days of Thankfulness - Day 10

Alright my loyal readers, between you and me, I knew when I started this 30 Days of Thankfulness blog concept, it was going to take more than 30 days.  I tried to pretend I could blog every day for 30 days but really we (I) knew better.  I'm still going to run with it and call it completely forgivable. even if it takes me six months for find thirty days of blogs.  Why?  Because sometimes we just have to be honest and forgive ourselves for the realities that we try to pretend we don't hide.  I'm going to do this though, even if I'm still working on it come the first day of spring 2014.  I will post my 30 days.  I will create my thirty days of Thankfulness.



Today should technically be November 10th (day 10 of Thankfulness) - but it's actually December 13th.  And that's ok with me.



My biggest problem today, knowing I would blog, was figuring out a topic to cover exactly what I was thankful for.  This is about to get silly.  I've been wanting to blog about this for a few days now.  The issue at large is figuring out how to say "Hey I'm a freaking idiot" without actually putting myself down.  But here goes.  



This is me, being blonde.  And kind of idiotic.



Tuesday morning I took Don's Jeep to take the kids to school and he took my car.  It just works out better that way.  So anyways, I took the Jeep to take the kiddos to school.  I happened to noticed that the gas gauge was nearing empty.  So I stopped and attempted to put $20 in the tank.  It only took $12 and I was annoyed, because we've had issues with the jeep when it comes to adding gas.  It has a tendency to pop off the pump at twelve cents, something about the vapor.  So I took the kiddos to school and this is what I saw:
So I, naturally, stopped at the gas station and filled up.  I was so freaking pissed to find out that the gas gauge on the Jeep had gone out.   It would only take $11.26.  I didn't really know what to do.  It would only take what it would take so I closed the tab and called it good.  I texted Don and said "remind me to tell you about your gas gauge :/"  knowing full well with every fiber of my being that the Jeep gas gauge was done for.
He came home and I told him about it.  He said he'd talk to our neighbor Travis (a mechanic) and his buddies at work and see what he could do to get things repaired.

Long story short, we came to the conclusion that any repair would pretty much be a total and complete pain in the ass.  Not to mention a serious pain in the checkbook.  No really.  A nearly un-recoverable checkbook kind of pain in the ass.

Merry Christmas.

So we started to try to figure out how we were going to make this all work out...somehow.  Read: lots of prayers and perhaps a "hail Mary" or two.

So another day goes by, and I'm hanging out, trying to get the kids ready for school.  Another day of me driving the Jeep.  No worries, I know for a fact that even thought the gas gauge has gone kaput, I just put $12 in the tank so we're good, right?

Well then it hits me.  Don's gas gauge in the Jeep doesn't drop at E.  It drops at freaking F.  Yes.  It does.

Whoops.  Something like this up there.  So yes, I was reading things wrong all along.  
There's a deeper point to this blog though.  I was reading things all wrong.  I was reading my gas gauge all wrong.  

Sometimes we do that.  We read our gas gauge all wrong.  We think we're out of steam when really we're just working to make our own worlds work!

So the POINT here is...just when we think our tank is empty...well maybe someone upstairs knows better,  It's so funny to me how I can drive a vehicle being overly concerned that the gas tank is *over* empty...and then find out no, my interpretation was wrong...the tank is actually on FULL.  

Thank you Lord for covering me, in all my moments.  My blonde moments, my questionable moments, my dance moments, my awesome moments.

It is SO AMAZINGLY GRACEFUL to know that all my moments are truly loved.

So my Thankful blog of the day, number 10...I'm thankful for clarity <3 nbsp="" p="" said.="" uff="">

No comments:

Post a Comment