Monday, October 28, 2013

Why my daughter blows my mind - reason number six hundred seventy four...

WOW What a fantastic evening around here.  We did our whole work day thing.  Mom finished up her shift, Dad came home from work.  Long day all around.

It's a Monday.  We're not big fans of Monday, for what it's worth.  We did our thing though - we finished up a fantastic dinner from scratch.  Worked together to make it happen.  A relatively decent tuna and salmon noodle casserole.  The cat is a little pissed, she was left out of the salmon aspect, we're so mean that we actually bought the Chicken of the Sea brand pink salmon pouches.  Boneless and skinless dont'cha know.  Regardless, made for one hell of a dinner casserole - the kids ate it up.  They loved it.

After dinner, I found myself outside, doing a post dinner chillax kind of moment.  Paige had finished up and came outside to chat.  I was doing my own thing, sitting in my chair...and she says "Mom!  Mom, it's a planet, check it out!".  Sure enough, I got out of my chair and went into the yard where she was, just to see what on EARTH she was talking about.  Well she was right.  There was a planet up there, shining bright as the morning in the night sky.  It was the only apparent star to be seen.  Well it was a planet, der.  Even she knew that.  I did some homework, we think it might have been Jupiter.  Regardless, it was the brightest and only star in the night sky right around 7pm.  Well, me being the mom that I am, I commended her on her skills for finding the first star.  I put my arm around her and (wish I'd had a photo) said "star light, star bright, first star I see tonight..." She said "MOM - it's not a star, it's a planet.  I said "Come on sweets, give me something here...star light, star bright, first star I see tonight -I wish I may, I wish I might have the wish I wish tonight...".  She giggled a little bit.  I asked her exactly what her wish was...and I didn't expect her to tell me.

But she did.

She said "Mom...I wish that people in schools would stop bullying and making fun of other people."

**WOW**

*Wait, what?

Is this my kid, who just found her nerve to jump up on her Mom's mountain bike and ride it to the end of the block and back?  Is this my kid who found herself just one year ago, summer before last, with a dislocated hip, chilling out in a wheelchair for half the summer and in a hipcast?  Is this my kid who can't even stand to share the backyard swings with her brother?!!?!

Yes.  Yes it is.

This is my kid.  And good LORD I am so happy, and so blessed that she is such a fantastic part of my life.  I am so blessed to call her my own, so amazed with each and every day that she wakes up and gives her life to God, shares her prayers for others.

My daughter.  She blows me away.  My daughter, she blows my mind.  My daughter, she is my greatest gift...her and her brother.  I can not imagine my life without them.  They are so loving, so forgiving, so caring, so thoughtful, and though rarely a day goes by that they actually get along, we are family - and they know it.

This "family" of ours, we stretch from the eastern seaboard back to the west coast.  We have so much family, so much love back in Oregon and Washington.  We love our Seahawks, we love our Ducks, we love our home.  Our time will come, when suddenly we find ourselves surrounded once again by family and love.  Our time will come - no question.  But for now - I'm excessively happy to have a chance to teach my little family that sometimes, just the four of us...sometimes we are all we have - and sometimes - we matter most.

This daughter of mine has been through SO MUCH.  It's as if she simply got through it, got over it, and moved on.  She doesn't even seem to remember how challenged she was just one year ago.  She's a Rhine.  She's a Hunter.  She's a Leichner.  She's got the strength of her ancestry in her veins, and she continues to blow my mind each and every single day of her life.

I am so in love with my Sweet Pea - and she is SUCH a phenomenal gift from God.  I just don't know what else to say.  She owns my heart, squashes my fears, shows me everything I want to be...all in one little girl.  There is nothing I wouldn't do to bring her happiness.

She is AMAZING.  My Amazing, number one girl.  Forever and always.  Mama loves you, Sweet Pea <3 nbsp="" p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment